Sales Funnel Copy: Five questions to help you create powerful message levers
In BuildClass #2, Flint McGlaughlin teaches three principles to help you develop effective message levers.
Here are some of the most important insights from this class:
- It is vital to pre-test your messages in the channel till you achieve resonance.
- People are not falling into our funnel; they are falling out. The metaphor must be inverted.
- Spend twice as much time on your headline as you would on your CTA.
- If you don’t win their attention, you won’t win their wallet share.
- Don’t ask for too much too soon. Match the ask to the mindset.
You can watch the full video above, or jump ahead to these key takeaways:
- 0:00 Sales Funnel Copy: Five questions to help you create powerful message levers.
- 1:17 How do we develop effective message levers?
- 1:29 Join a MECLABS Research Cohort – Test and build an AI-calibrated SuperFunnel. Email Flint at F.McGlaughlin@MECLABS.com to apply.
- 3:39 Use these 5 essential questions to select the lever which is best for your customer’s Thought Sequence.
- 7:38 Results from advertising message levers experiment.
Essential Course Resources
FastClass 12 – Headline Examples: 3 ways to load your predicate with value
FastClass 13 – Headline Formulas: A step-by-step process for radically transforming your copywriting
Optimize Your Marketing Funnel: Case studies spell out the three key steps
Course Retention Exercise
This quiz is carefully designed based on the latest learning technology to help you improve retention of the key principles.
Session Quiz Summary
0 of 5 Questions completed
You have already completed the session quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Session Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the session quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
#1. Don’t ask, “What is a good headline?” Ask, “What is _________ headline?”CorrectIncorrect
#2. Factor the extreme danger of your message’s two _________.CorrectIncorrect
#3. Intensify the _________of the headline.CorrectIncorrect
#4. Support the ___________ of the headline.CorrectIncorrect
#5. Answer a ________ in the headline.CorrectIncorrect