Call to Action Principles: Four keys to achieving maximum conversion
In Session #25, Flint McGlaughlin teaches how to structure the ask in your CTA for maximum conversion.
Here are some of the most important insights from this class:
- Marketers deal in ‘asks’; they collect ‘yes(es).’
- Reduce implied friction
- Focus on the prospect’s “want to know”
- Amplify the essence of the “give”
- Sync the ask with the buyer’s journey
You can watch the full video above, or jump ahead to these key takeaways:
- 0:00 Call to Action Principles: Four keys to achieving maximum conversion
- 2:10 Flint misspoke. We ran the previous test in the video. This experiment is from MarketingSherpa’s reporting in the article “The Call to Action: 5 before-and-after examples of effective CTAs (with the results to prove it).” See Example #2.
- 4:40 Four key principles
To get immediate help with your marketing challenges, just contact Flint and his team: F.McGlaughlin@MECLABS.com.
Essential Course Resource
The Marketer As Philosopher – Reflection #12
“Marketers deal in ‘asks’; they collect ‘yes(es).’ Their message is always, even if nuanced, some form of an offer. Brand (even brand) is just an ‘ask’ for a position in the mind. And when we craft an ‘ask,’ we (rightly) focus on the message. But crafting…” Learn more about the book
Course Retention Exercise
This quiz is carefully designed based on the latest learning technology in order to help you improve retention of the key principles.
Session Quiz Summary
0 of 5 Questions completed
You have already completed the session quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Session Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the session quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
#1. Marketers deal in ‘asks’; they collect ___________.CorrectIncorrect
#2. Sync the ask with the __________.CorrectIncorrect
#3. Reduce implied __________.CorrectIncorrect
#4. Focus on the prospect’s ____________.CorrectIncorrect
#5. Amplify the essence of the __________.CorrectIncorrect