Above The Fold Strategy
Optimize Your Above The Fold Content
Grab Your User’s Attention & Increase Conversions: Keep Your Most Important Content Above The Fold
What Is The Best Website Above The Fold Design That Gets The Most Attention At The Top Of The Page?
What Is Above The Fold In Marketing?
What Is Above The Fold In SEO?
What Is Above And Below The Fold?
Above The Fold | Marketing, Analytics, Landing Pages, & SEO
Why Above The Fold Of A Webpage Is Important For Conversions
Most Effective “Above The Fold” Design Strategies
Does Google Give Preference To Content Above The Fold?
Above The Fold Vs. Below The Fold: Does It Still Matter?
Below The Fold: What Does ‘Below The Fold’ Mean?
What Does Above The Fold Mean?
Above The Fold Content & How To Use It To Attract Attention
Best Above The Fold Formulas For Better Conversions
Effective Above The Fold Content: What Marketers Need To Know
Above The Fold – Definition, Importance And Examples
Best Above The Fold Website Design Strategies
Use These Above The Fold Tactics To Convert More Landing Page Visitors
What Is The Best Digital Marketing Strategy?
Above The Fold Optimization For High Converting Landing Pages In 2022
Above-the-Fold Strategy: 4 ways to write powerful sub-headlines
In Session #15, Flint McGlaughlin teaches three penetrating questions that can help you craft high-impact sub-headlines.
Here are some of the most important insights from this class:
- Even a weak headline, if powered by a strong sub-headline, can win.
- Best is better than better, but better is still better than bad.
- Encapsulate the essence of the offer in the top four inches of the page.
- Give them just enough content at the top of the page to help win their engagement with the rest of the page.
You can watch the full video above, or jump ahead to these key takeaways:
- 0:00 Above-the-Fold Strategy: 4 ways to write powerful sub-headlines.
- 1:52 How do we develop a sub-headline that amplifies the power of our opening?
- 3:13 Which one of these four aims will best help achieve Micro-Yes 2?
- 3:53 Three questions to help craft your sub-headline.
- 4:55 Live example so you can see the principles put into action.
- 8:08 Vote for the sub-headline that you think will work best and put your thoughts in the YouTube comments.
- A. (clarity): With your help we empower artisan-entrepreneurs to sell their product all over the world
- B. (credibility): Winner of the United Nations Award for Intercultural Innovation
- C. (appeal): Over 8,000 Artisans have been lifted out of poverty by people like you
- D. (exclusivity): Your purchase helps our artisans earn at least 250% more than the market wage
To get immediate help with your marketing challenges, just contact Flint and his team: F.McGlaughlin@MECLABS.com.
Here is the text bank for the live example. Feel free to review it and see if it inspires you to improve any of these sub-headlines or create your own sub-headline for the live example. If you create a sub-headline, leave it in the comments section of the YouTube video.
“My girls are safe
Thank you to Ten by Three for restoring my family. When you found me, poverty had already forced me to send my oldest girls to the street. I prayed every night that they would find a way to survive. After you started buying my baskets, I was able to rescue my girls and bring them home. Now everyone is safe, finishing school, and our stomachs are full. Thank you for making us a family once again.” – Afaama Asariga
- Intercultural innovation Award – United Nations
- Olin Cup Washington University in St. Louis (December 2004)
- Developing Innovative Solutions Award from Focus St. Louis (May 2005)
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award by SSDN in St. Louis, MO (January 2006)
- The Global Growth Award by St. Louis, MO World Trade Center (September 2007)
- Women Influencing Now Award (April 2008)
- St. Louis Award (December 2008)
- Woman on the Rise Award 2009 by the Illinois State Treasurer’s Office (May 2009)
- Madison County Illinois Recognition (2010)
- Social Enterprise Day Declaration (September 2011)
- Humanitarian of the Year SIUE (March 2013)
- 25 Most Influential St. Louis Business Journal (August 2013)
- Emmy Award St Louis Mid America Chapter (October 2013)
- YWCA Non-Profit Leader (December 2013)
- PR Daily Best Re Branding (June 2015)
- GS1 Supplier Excellence Nominee (July 2015)
- 100 Most Influential Global Leader (Nov. 2015)
- GS1 Small Business Standards Success Award (June 2016)
- Emmy Award St Louis Mid America Chapter (October 2016)
- Queen Mother of Development Zaare, Ghana Enskinning (October 2016)
- Graduate from Poverty® Model
- They have received a lifesaving Prosperity Wages® payment for their work.
- Prosperity Wages are delivered in the form of mobile money paid right to the artisan’s cell phone.
- They sustainably exit poverty through our Graduate from Poverty® Model
- The idea behind this exclusive model is to empower entrepreneurial minded artisans by providing them access to the global market.
- As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, the proceeds from your purchase are reinvested into the lives of our artisans.
- Beautiful and unique, each item we offer has been meticulously crafted by hand.
- By purchasing hand woven Ten by Three® products, you empower families around the world not just to exist, but to thrive.
- Our exclusive Prosperity Wage® model ensures artisans receive at least 2.5 times fair trade for their handicraft.
- This beyond fair trade model creates the working capital our artisans need to start businesses independent of our work and sustainably exit poverty.
- Every child raising their hand has a voice thanks to supporters of Ten by Three who purchased their parents’ handicrafts.
- The model was pioneered 16 years ago when Teresa Wilson, an investigative journalist, with 13 Emmys, left her job to begin this social enterprise.
- Today the organization serves in six countries.
- It employees 3,500 artisans.
- It has trained and graduated 8,000 entrepreneurs.
- It directly impacts the lives 20,000+ people.
- Teresa was named humanitarian of the year SIUE.
- She has won the United Nations Intercultural Innovation Award… And many others.
- In 2016 she became the first outsider to be honored in Ghana as a Queen Mother of Development.
Essential Course Resources
Local Marketing: 3 strategies that worked for small businesses with physical locations
Corporate Marketing: Feedback is respect (podcast episode #44)
The Marketer As Philosopher – Reflection #22
And for every “yes” the prospect is asked to grant, regardless of how minor it may appear, there is a psychological calculus. When that calculus entails transitions such as moving through the body of the offer, even from headline to first paragraph, it requires an efficient process-level value proposition, Thus, the paths up…Learn more about the book
Course Retention Exercise
This quiz is carefully designed based on the latest learning technology in order to help you improve retention of the key principles.
Session Quiz Summary
0 of 5 Questions completed
You have already completed the session quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Session Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the session quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
#1. How can I best encapsulate the _________ of my offer?CorrectIncorrect
#2. Which one of these aims will best help achieve Micro-Yes 2 (YES, I will ________)?CorrectIncorrect
#3. What is the ________ to achieve this aim?CorrectIncorrect
#4. Even a weak headline, if powered by _________, can win.CorrectIncorrect
#5. Give them just enough __________ at the top of the page to help win their engagement with the rest of the page.CorrectIncorrect